As we embark on a new year, we've had the time to reflect on Selamat's strengths and how we can continue to support our design community in the evolving landscape of the home industry. We believe change is good and necessary for growth, so we are transitioning to a simplified business model.
We’re excited to announce that we’ve partnered with four Selamat Regional Showrooms to support our invaluable trade members. Effective March 1st, 2021, these showrooms will provide exclusive access to Selamat products, as our in-house customer support team will no longer be available for designer inquiries. All pricing, product info, and availability can be accessed via the Selamat Regional Showroom in your territory.
We understand this is a significant change, and we hope that you will understand that our intention is to provide the best brand experience possible with our small but mighty Selamat team. Want to know more? Read on for a list of our most common questions from designers.
How do I order moving forward?
- Please reach out to your Regional Showroom—they will provide you with information on product and pricing, and are highly trained to assist your design needs.
- If you already know what you’d like to order, you can place your order directly through your Regional Showroom now. Please make sure to include PO, shipping and billing information (the showroom will reach out to you for payment).
Why can I no longer order directly from Selamat?
- We are streamlining our operations so that we can best support our customers.
- As interest in Selamat has grown, we have found that our showrooms are better able to support our design business and assist with project specifications, project information, stock inquiries, shipping details, and claims.
Do you still have order minimums when ordering through the showrooms?
- No, you will not have to hit annual or reorder minimums when working with our Regional Showrooms.
Will my pricing change?
- On March 1st we will launch a new pricing structure that results in an approximate 5% increase for trade customers; however, the pricing that you will receive when working with our Regional Showrooms is the same pricing that you would have previously received when working directly with Selamat.
- Due to increased costs of our natural materials, we are raising the prices for about 10% of our product line.
What if I don’t want to order through a showroom?
- Our Regional Showrooms are the only way for the trade to access Selamat products while we work to update our internal systems.
- We are investing in our Regional Showrooms, who are an extension of the Selamat team. They are trained in product information, order processing, finish samples, material, and more.
Can I still contact my Selamat sales representative?
- Selamat has transitioned to an internal sales strategy, and our Regional Showrooms will act in place of your previous outside sales representative. The showroom’s team will be able to assist with anything your previous outside sales representative worked on (placing orders, inventory questions, claims, etc.)
Where can I see Selamat products in person?
- Selamat will be showing at High Point Market this June and October.
- Each of our Regional Showrooms will have a selection of Selamat products on the floor, should you wish to visit the team in person.
- If you are not within driving distance of a showroom, their teams will be happy to coordinate a virtual tour to show their floor displays.
How do I request finish samples?
- Please reach out to your Regional Showroom to request a finish sample.
I had an open cart/wishlist on your website-how do I access it?
- Your current login will no longer be active as of March 1st, so you will not have access to open carts/order history. Your Regional Showroom can help you rebuild the order.
What if I placed an order with my sales representative and it’s backordered?
- All orders submitted before March 1st will be fulfilled. Beginning March 1st, please contact your Regional Showroom for order information, tracking and timelines, including backorders.
What if I need to submit an claim for an order I’ve already placed?
- If you ordered from us directly within the past year, please use this link to file a claim per our terms and conditions. For any order placed after March 1st, please reach out to your Regional Showroom to place an claim.